York, Peel, Durham, Toronto and The Conservation Authorities Moraine Coalition (YPDT-CAMC)
The Oak Ridges Moraine (ORM) is a 160-km long ridge of sand, silt and gravel deposits that is oriented approximately east-west, and lies north of Lake Ontario. The site encompasses and, extends north, east and west from the City of Toronto within the province of Ontario in Canada.
In order to understand and characterize the hydrogeology of the ORM, the York-Peel-Durham-Toronto (YPDT) coalition and the Conservation Authorities Moraine Coalition (CAMC) have initiated regional and local-scale groundwater studies.
Download our 10th Year Anniversary Brochure
To provide a multi-agency, collaborative approach to collecting, analyzing and disseminating water resource data as a basis for effective stewardship of water resources. The YPDT-CAMC Groundwater Management Program is to build, maintain and provide to partnered agencies the regional geological and hydrogeological context for ongoing groundwater studies and management initiatives within the partnership area.
As such, the program will:
1. Build and maintain a master database of water related information that is accessible to all partner agencies.
2. Build and maintain a digital geological construction of the subsurface layers that is accessible to all partner agencies.
3. Build and/or maintain numerical groundwater flow model(s) that can be used to address any number of issues that arise at the partner agencies.
4. Coordinate and lead investigations that will acquire new field data to strategically infill key data gaps.
5. Provide technical support to Source Water Protection Teams to ensure that interpretations used in source water are consistent with the regional understanding.
6. Provide technical support to planning authorities to ensure that Official Plan policies are developed in a manner which makes them consistent with up to date groundwater science as derived from the program.
7. Provide technical support to all partnered agencies for addressing other Provincial Legislation.
- the Regional Municipalities of York, Peel, and Durham, and the City of Toronto (YPDT)
- the Conservation Authorities Moraine Coalition (CAMC) consisting of the nine conservation authorities with jurisdiction on the Oak Ridges Moraine.
City of Toronto, York, Durham, Peel, TRCA, CVC, NVCA, LSRCA, KRCA, ORCA, LTRCA, GRCA, CLOCA